METHOD & TIME STUDY
AVIX Method uses MTM-based standard times (or other type of stopwatch measurements) to perform time study analysis of work operations to create the data needed for line balancing and product calculations.
A simple and rapid study provides detailed information, ranging from times of individual work operations to full production line processes. The time base can be used for time data management (TDM) as well as improvement work, capacity calculations, line balancing, work instructions or simply as a basis for decision making.
Or, put another way, how can you make decisions about what and how to improve, if you don’t have the necessary facts about the processes? – AVIX Method helps you analyse and manage this information in a logic and visual way.
“To learn AVIX is the best investment for a long time.
Developing employees is important to us and AVIX is an important part in this work.”
-Production manager, Volvo Busses
Areas of use
- Time and Motion Study (AVIX times, MTM, Stopwatch and other time study templates)
- Improved productivity of individual workstations
- Optimization of the layout and method used for individual workstations
- Time Data Management (TDM) manage and organize your time base
- Optimization of product design for assembly
- Measurement of productivity for various products and variants in the production process
- Presentation of the current situation and simulation of future situation
- Print customized work instructions (std. work)
- Time simulation of improvement proposals
- Visual tool for Continuous Improvement work (CI)
CUSTOMIZE AND EXTEND AVIX METHOD WITH THESE SUBMODULES
AVIX METHOD SCREENSHOTS
The built in pedagogic in the system allows everyone working in the production to be involved in the improvement work.
The method uses three colours to explain the waste, semi-losses and productivity. By using the method you will soon know where the losses are and how to reduce them.